Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Day Trip to Linz

My Austrian friend, Manu, invited me and Jess to come and visit her hometown of Linz, because she is at home for the month long winter break between semesters. So Jess and I caught the relatively short hour and a half long train to Linz to meet Manu.

Manu gave us a quick tour of downtown, making our way to the top of the old castle, for a great view of the surroundings

Jess and I at the Castle

The center of town was just as Austrian as could be!

The necessary trip to the local church!

And the required organ shot!

And the obligatory super special detail about the church: It has highly detailed stained glass windows that look more like paintings! Weird!

Then we took a stroll on the beautiful blue Donau! (My little reference to Johann Stauss' An der schönen blauen Donau)

The sun came out as we headed back to the main square for lunch!

Lunch of a very Austrian Burger (there was corn on it) and hot chocolate!

We spent the entire afternoon here, at the Ars Electronica museum, which was honestly one of the coolest museums I've ever been to! There were tons of fun and totally random exhibits!

Here is my retina. This photo was taken at the super cool museum. I sent it to my mommy as a postcard.

Then we enjoyed a buffet dinner at a Chinese Restaurant!

After dinner, we hopped on a tram up to the top of a little mountain over looking the city! A great way to end a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment