Friday, January 28, 2011

Technical University Ball

It's every little girl's dream: to get dressed up in a fancy gown and go to the Palace for a ball. And I got to live it. Last night, was the Technical University's Ball in the Hofburg Palace in Vienna.


My roommates and I all got ready together in our apartment; unfortunately we had no ladies in waiting to help us tighten our corsets and do our hair and makeup, so we ditched the corset idea (I like breathing) and did each others.

Our U3 pumpkin carriage took us (almost) directly there.


My roommates Morgan and Jessica, and I in the main ballroom of the Hofburg Palace. The main ballroom housed a small chamber orchestra, and a big band during break, a dance floor with room for hundreds of waltzing couples (left background), and literally the most expensive seats in the house (right background).


There were many rooms thorughout the palace for dancing with jazz, salsa, and popular music among others. There were at least three different bar areas with smoking lounges, the grand entry way and staircase, a smaller less grand entry way and staircase, and numerous rooms with tables for those who had the money to purchase them.


A post waltzing photo with a great view of the incredible frescoed ceilings and huge chandeliers in the large main ballroom.

Towards the end of the night we got tired and silly, and wandering the palace found this statue. I play the role of the dead sheep.

The evening was just as magical as I ever could have dreamt of, minus any lost shoes and princes chasing me. And I cannot wait to do it again, hopefully soon!!!

Special Thanks to my roommates, Jess and Morgan, for allowing me to borrow their photos. My large DSLR didn't really accessorize well with the outfit.

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Rachel. When I grow up, I want to go to a ball. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Laura! I'm going to a Masquerade on the 7th, just hop on a plane and join the fun! hehe!

    ReplyDelete