Saturday, January 29, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza!

In honor of another year of my life, Mayo, Kay and Edita took me out to get Chinese food to celebrate my birthday. Mayo and I had been so crazy busy with school (we had UniWien finals), work, and for me John's visit, that we hadn't had time to connect since I got back to Wien. I was so excited to see them all and couldn't wait for chinese food! We ate at a Szechuan place out near them, and it was pretty good. But by Vienna standards it was amazing!!!

During dinner, they gave me an adorable gift which included birthday gift shaped pasta and we all know pasta is so much better when there are fun shapes involed! Which was so great in and of itself, but they told me it wasn't over yet. Mayo and I were going to go shoe shopping after lunch and I could pick out any pair that I want!

We went out to to a place on the U6, which had two stores full of reasonably priced shoes, aka my heaven. We wandered once through both, before taking a more determined walk through. I found several pairs of low heels I liked, but then I found a pair of brown suede boots. Now, I have been looking for brown boots for quite some time and since I bought leather boots last semester, I figure it's high time for some suede ones! We purchased them and hopped back onto the UBahn to meet up with Edita in the city for dessert.

We met up near Stephansdom and on our way toward Zanoni and Zanoni for birthday ice cream, Edita headed over toward Swarovski. I figured she was checking out the latest display, which is always something worth seeing, but then she headed inside. It wasn't even over yet. We went upstairs and they told me I could pick out anything I want. I found a necklace on a gold chain with a modern gold design encircling a good-sized Swarvski crystal. I pass by that store almost every day, but I never thought I would actually own anything from it. I kept my pinky up, as I walked out holding my little Swarovski bag.

We made our way to Zanoni and Zanoni and enjoyed some of their creative Gelato concoctions. I had actually been craving a milkshake for some time and got a Pistachio Chocolate one that was delicious! And the perfect end to a truly incredible day, full of easily some of the best birthday gifts ever, mostly because of the amazing (and surprising) experience, through which I got them! Thanks times a million to Mayo, Kay, and Edita!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment